Thursday, September 24, 2009

Iiiiiii'mmm a DORK!

About 3 years ago I got my very first cell phone plan on my own which meant I could get whatever phone I wanted. Me being the coolest cat around wanted the coolest phone around which proclaimed itself as a Blackberry Pearl. The sales guy new the exact word to use to describe said phone...cute. It was indeed a cute Blackberry. Before the Pearls came out, Blackberry's were bricks and not very fashionable! ;) Needless to say that day in early December three years ago began my obsession for the latest and greatest phone. Since that time I gave my brother (oh how I miss it dearly) the Pearl, bought a Blackberry Curve (one of the best phones EVER...a lot of great memories with that thing) and have since ridded myself of that (I apparently attach myself to inadament objects). Now I have, dun dun dun, an iPhone!

Interestingly enough I was a hater of iPhones for quite some time and didn't actually get one until just recently (this past December). I went through a major Blackberry withdraw and contemplated my purchase for quite some time. Finally, and I don't remember how or when it happened, I began to appreciate the iPhone and all it's goodness (or potential for goodness). There were a few things I felt were crucial to the phone that were not there and that I missed in my Blackberry. The day did come early this summer in the form of a nice little operating system upgrade, which allowed all iPhone users the ability to cut and paste and other random functions that made the iPhone that much better. Still it lacked the ability to send and receive picture messages and I was not a happy camper. They said 'late summer', whatever that means.

A friend finally gave me the news I've been waiting for: Sept. 25th AT&T will give all iPhone users the ability to send/receive multimedia messages. [Quiet...you can hear the angels singing]. Why after all the ranting and raving about my cell phone history would I ever think I'm a dork? Well, tomorrow (which is really today as I type) is Sept. 25th, the blessed day for all iPhone users. What makes me a bigger dork is that I already checked to see if an update was available for download and it's only an hour into the 25th.

Yep, that solidifies it; I'm a dork. (And ps, it was NOT available, and better be by the time I get home from work tomorrow, otherwise I will be TO'd).

So in the 21st century we rant and rave about our newest gadgets and technology with words like 'operating system' or 'MMS'. What did they say back-in-the-day about their new gadgets? "Look at this knife. The handle's made from ivory of a bull elk I killed after 89 hours of hunting and struggling him to the ground with my bare hands." (said in an Austrian/Irish/Scottish accent) I guess I could say my AT&T bill is like...a bull elk...I have to kill each month with my...bare...fingers hitting the keyboard to pay the bill?! Something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment